The irresistible chocolate fondant of La Pergola
Having become a small star of the Hôtel du Centre for having quickly won the unanimity in the La Pergola restaurant, it appears to be highly appreciated by the customers, as well as the team of the Pergroupies. A double personality that makes all the mellow!
Who could it be… or what exactly?
A great classic of chocolate
Its history begins in 1981 when the talented French Chef Michel Bras, now triple-starred in the Michelin Guide, unveils a daring creation: that of a dessert in two textures, made from a cookie dough which contains in its heart a liquid ganache.
The challenge of such a masterpiece was to transcribe an emotion, a symbol of a contrast between hot and cold. The one who then took the official name of “molten chocolate” will be tirelessly picked up thereafter, sometimes declined, sometimes revisited… and the famous dessert remains, to this day, a delight with a growing success.
At the La Pergola restaurant, we offer it as a melting variation: exquisite cookie dough, crispy outside, creamy inside.
For 4 serves:
- 200 grams of dark chocolate (in pistols)
- 200 grams of butter
- 200 grams powdered sugar
- 20 grams of flour
- 5 whole eggs
For this recipe, it is possible to replace the chocolate in pistols with pastry in bars of chocolate. In this case, you will need to crush it with a knife.
1. Cut the butter into pieces before placing it in a glass container.
2. Add the chocolate and heat up in a double boiler on a slow heat, stirring regularly with a wooden spoon.
3. Once the butter / chocolate mix has melted, remove it from the heat and add the powdered sugar and whole eggs. Stir with a whisk to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
4. Finally, add the flour while continuing to mix vigorously.
5. Generously butter 4 x 10-cm-diameter individual pans and pour in the mixture, filling them up to 3/4. Cover with a food wrap before placing in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
6. After resting, preheat your oven to 200°C and bake the cakes for 10 minutes. Your chocolate fondants are ready when a crust has formed on the surface. Serve immediately!
Tip from the Chef
Chef Gérard and his team entrust us with their secret weapon by explaining that their recipe for fondant is made with 100% cocoa dark chocolate.
“This is precisely what makes it a pastry for the most demanding chocolate lovers… at the same time as the restaurant’s flagship dessert, a must-see on our menu!“